Friday, September 19, 2008

Field Trip

Today we had one of the worst field trips of my life. It started on the bus when my driver announced that we were behind schedule and we would have to make up the lost time. The next thing i knew we were going 60 in a ten mile per hour zone. I heard a cop car following us. The bus driver decided this would be a good time to speed up. Now my teacher Mrs. Hamberly normally would have stopped all this but she was to focused on her "Tap Dance the 80's" CD. Anyway the cops were chasing us at about 70 miles per hour in down town and my bus driver decided to speed up, "Come on ol' boy" he yelled. I guess those buses were meant for those high speed chases since the cop car spun out and we made it to Jack Hoppleys glue factory without a scratch. Well apparently the boys at Hoppleys were expecting a bunch of kindergardeners since we were greeted by a dancing frog named Orwell. I guess not everyone thought it was dumb. One kid insisted that we didn't leave until he got a chance to hug Orwell. I guess the security guards didn't think hugging Orwell was such a good idea since they tazered the kid and dragged him away. After that Mrs. Hamberly told us that this was probably a good time to leave. Yeah, don't you wish you could have come?

No comments: